Tuesday 11 March 2014

Getting Ready For the Big Event

It is always a question as to what to use for a whelping box. Been checking out other breeders pics to compare and almost decided to create a new design but at the last moment I took a good look at my last design in 2006 and thought it still was a good idea. My box has a 4' x8' base and when screwed together it has two sections, one for puppy whelping and one for later puppy pooping. Thought about painting it but decided against it re puppy chewing. The surface is cleaned quite well before, during and after use. (I am now using Vircon a great safe disinfectant used by vet clinics etc. also safe for laundering bedding.) The box  is about 2 feet high so it does not work for the full 8 weeks but it is a good exchange place when cleaning the other pen which is basically one or two tall exercise pens that are put in the adjoining room. Still need to get some new cushion floor though am half tempted to re use what I have as it is in very good condition having been used only 3 times.
So, what was my dining room becomes for a time an elegant puppy palace!

I will post more photos when it all comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment