Sunday 30 March 2014

2 Week News

Hi All!
Two weeks have gone by in a flash. Puppies are really getting around now and some are climbing on the pig rail which goes around the edge of the box. I had to put a wider piece of plywood on the one side that Ingrid goes in and out from as they were finding their way to the unused side of the box. I have been putting a small cardboard box in the pen so that they can explore it and a few puppy toys as well. They are very inquisitive puppies. Their little toenails are needing to be trimmed alot now..they get very sharp and they grow very quickly, not fun for Ingrid. Hard to trim these by myself as they are such squirmers. I have taken to getting in the box myself when they are sleeping and trimming them then. I need better eyes though as their nails are so tiny! Eyes are open for the most part now but I do not think that they can really see much just yet. I wormed them today for the first time and they lapped it up and also made a bit of mess on their faces. Ingrid cleaned them all up after. I also put a puppy pee pad in the pen to encourage them to pee on it...so far mostly they sleep on it!! But I have seen a few peeing there. Details huh....life with little puppies. I am hoping that I will be able to get out tomorrow for a few hours and ride my horse. Ingrid seems to spend less time in the box and they drink much faster now and so she does not have to be in with them as much. They weigh about 2lbs. now give or take, still baby puppies. All for now.
Puppy Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment